Monday, April 26, 2010

The Wiener of OZ

Yes, that's right. This weekend Ben and I went to the 13th annual Wiener Dog Races in Buda, TX. We met up with my family and we all went to watch those doggies show off their stuff. It was hilarious to watch and even funnier when the dogs totally lost sight of where they were going and started chasing the other dogs they were racing against. The best part was trying to guess which dog would win before they started. Pink or green almost always won. It was especially fun because my sister Adrienne is back in Austin and it was so good to see her and spend time with her (which I am sure we'll be doing a lot of this summer). Here are some awesome pics for your enjoyment:
Look at him go! He totally won this race. By a landslide. And what color was he? Green I think...
There they go!!! (This is when our seats were much farther away, and we moved as people left)

Alli, Ben and I enjoying the sun and the races.

This dog and his owners were sitting in front of us for most of the races. Seeing his face almost made me want my own wiener dog! He was just too cute! Overall this wiener dog named Alexander was named "The Wiener of Oz" and him and his owner got a grand prize of $500. Pretty good if you ask me. I'm totally counting on going again next year for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment