Thursday, April 8, 2010

Pregnant

No. I'm not. My sister is. I have to say my Natalie getting pregnant was a bit surprising. I thought she and her husband would wait a little longer since he still has lots of school left. Shows what I know. Of course Ben said he wasn't too surprised and knew it would happen soon (go figure). I am really happy for her, and it's crazy that in October I will be an aunt! AHHH! I currently have mixed feelings about babies though. I love them, they're adorable, and every time I see pictures of them I think or say, "AWWWWWWWWWWWW". But at the same time, I remember what life was like when my mom was pregnant with Alli. I remember lots of crying, throwing up, poopy diapers, etc. Since those memories are still fairly fresh in my mind, and since Ben and I are saving up for law school in the fall, the chances of me having one are slim to none right now. I know everyone says that all of the bad pales in comparison to all of the good, and I totally agree. I'm very happy for all of my friends who are taking that huge leap of faith and starting their families. I'm just not ready yet. We're not ready yet. But I'm excited and ready to be an Aunt! Bring on the niece so I can enjoy all the good for awhile... :) For now I'll just stick to taking care of this one...

1 comment:

  1. I'm just getting caught up on your blog. I'm so happy for your new job. The apartment looks great and Lilly liked looking ate the pictures of Rice.

    ReplyDelete