Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Camping Trip!

I'm not a big camper. In fact, pretty much every camping trip I've been on hasn't been fun. Granted, a lot of those camping trips were when I was a teenager going to Girls' Camp, but when I was growing up my family tried camping time and time again. It never really worked out. But, despite all my past experiences, Ben convinced me that we needed to get supplies for camping and start going. We went this past weekend to Pace Bend Park, which overlooks Lake Travis, and we had a wonderful time. This was the view from our campsite:
At night, Ben and I took our camping chairs and went and sat on a hill looking up at the stars and looking at the city lights of Austin. Yes, we were camping, but we weren't that far from civilization.
In the morning, Ben cooked breakfast and we went swimming in the lake.
I told Ben we can definitely go camping again, as long as every time is as fun as this time was.




2 comments:

  1. Glad you guys had such a great time! Looks like you went to a beautiful spot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When it gets a little cooler, we'd love to go camping with you guys... of course, camping with kids may ruin it for you ;)

    ReplyDelete