Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Start of Law School

Yes, I know. It has been exactly one month since my last post. Part of that is because I haven't felt that we've had anything "big" to post about, and the other part is that things have started getting busier with Ben in law school. Today marks the end of the second week that Ben has been at University of Texas Law School. He is enjoying it so much and I love hearing about all the cases they discuss in class and how that affects our laws today. It's also nice to have a husband who is happy and busy and really loving what he's doing. I was worried that when he started law school he wouldn't find it as fascinating as he thought and that he would be disappointed, so I am very glad that has not happened. As for me, I have been working 8 to 5 every day and trying to stay busy having lunches with friends and whatnot. When Ben was still at his full time job, he would come home every day and have lunch with me, and I really miss being able to see him during that time. So, even though I have Ricey for company, occasionally I go out to lunch with a friend, or, like yesterday, have lunch with my mom. It's been a pretty smooth adjustment so far, and usually Ben comes home around 5 every day, so he's not gone much longer than he was when he was working. Any way, no pics to post this time, just some thoughts for the day. I hope everyone is having an awesome Labor Day weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Elena!
    It is so good to see you have a blog, and are living happily! Austin isn't very far from Houston, right? One day when we are over that way, we should get together. It's great to see everything that is going on in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear you have good friends, and things to keep you busy. It is hard to have a husband who isn't home as much. Hang in there, and these three years will go by very quickly. Why wait for Thanksgiving. We'll see you in a week at Granny's Big Birthday Bash, right?

    ReplyDelete