Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Zilker Park!

This Memorial Day weekend Ben and I went with my family to Zilker Park. If you've never been to Austin before, Zilker Park is the absolute best spot in Austin for hiking, swimming, canoeing, etc. When I was growing up we didn't visit the park that often because we were always so far south, but now that Ben and I live so close, we try to take advantage of it. My parents, Alli, and Adrienne met up with us at the park and we all went canoeing!
Here is Alli making a face. She was actually quite the paddler. When my arms got tired, Alli got a turn paddling, and she usually outperformed me.

Ben was having a hard time keeping up with me...ok not really. He was the one doing most of the work.
Here is a very shadowy picture of me. Yay for canoeing!
A beautiful view of downtown Austin from our boat. After canoeing, we had a huge picnic with all the yummy food my mom bought. We were pretty much all wiped out afterwards. Canoeing is harder than it looks. I hope everyone else had as much fun on Memorial Day as we did!

1 comment:

  1. Fun! Zilker Park is one of my favorite part's of Austin

    ReplyDelete